Micah 6:8

"...do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sunny Days

Despite the rainny, sleety day on Saturday, about 70 volunteers showed up at Bryan House and got almost everything on our list for the day accomplished. I was amazed! They even put up the playground and re-shingled the porch roof. The rain and sleet I was so afraid of last week didn't stop much of anything. Praise God!

On Sunday volunteers from Batavia United Methodist Church came and finished the things we didn't get to on Saturday. Not only that, but this amazing church has decided to make a long term commitment to supporting Bryan House! Rick and I will be speaking to their congregation this Sunday and they will be bringing back more volunteers in the afternoon. They are going to help us make one of our apartments handicapped accessible for a refugee man who has become paralyzed from a severe case of TB that attacked his spinal cord. I am so excited about this new partnership. It feels like the clouds have finally parted a little bit and I can see the sun again. Things feel more manageable just knowing that this church is behind us now. Yeah! I love seeing churches really being the CHURCH.

3 comments:

Kari Morris-Guzman said...

Yeah! This is awesome Desiree. :) Sunny days are ahead...

Tanya said...

That's so cool! I'm so glad to hear it went good!! - we're sorry we weren't available to help that day.

donita dawn said...

Des, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up a bit. I've been praying for you and was so blessed by our visits last month!