"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." -- Micah 6:8
If Christ followers in America really acted justly:
- The quality of a child's education wouldn't depend on their neighborhood or their race.
- Access to good medical care wouldn't be reserved for the privileged.
- We wouldn't trade the life and health of workers for low prices.
- There wouldn't be such enormous and growing gaps between the rich and the poor.
- Our churches wouldn't have better buildings than our homeless shelters & orphanages.
- We wouldn't consider American lives more valuable than others.
- We wouldn't incarcerate the highest percentage of our people of any nation in the world.
- The Department of Corrections would actually be about correction, not just punishment.
- We would join most of the rest of the developed world and get rid of the death penalty.
- We'd love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us.
- We'd return good for evil.
This is what the Lord requires of me: To act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with my God. -- Micah 6:8