Micah 6:8

"...do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eight years ago today....


Today is the eight year anniversary of my first date with Rick. On this day eight years ago Rick gave me a compilation CD of music (he was inspired to do this by the movie, "High Fidelity"). And each year since then he has given me a new CD with songs that reflect another year together. Romantic, huh?

Our first date was to the Art Institute in Chicago and then out for dinner at Indian Harvest in Naperville. It was a great day and I'm having fun remembering it. Thanks Julie Girdwood (Julie Youngs at the time) for introducing us! A lot of matches came out of that long ago small group/group of CCC friends: (David & Julie Girdwood, Mike & Karen Brown, Rick & Desiree Guzman, Jeff & Tanya DeGraff.) Good work everybody! I miss hanging out with you guys. (Bill & Rachel Carroll too, but they were already married way back then : )

1 comment:

The Carroll Family said...

We miss all of you too! I can't believe it's been 8 years! I'm so glad you & Rick found each other. You are a perfect match! You compliment each other in just the right ways!

Who knew all of that could come from 1 small group?!
-r