Micah 6:8

"...do justice, love mercy, walk humbly with your God." - Micah 6:8

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A happy update from Kenya


I was so happy to receive this recent update from our friend George Otieno at Shalom House in Nairobi, Kenya. It's nice to have some good news after months of turmoil, violence, and fear. After reading George's email I am even more excited about going back to Africa this summer. I feel confident that there will be a way for us to visit our friends in Kenya. My heart longs to see them all again and to stand on Kenyan soil! I feel like I have family there.

Hi Guzman,

Many thanks for your message... I am very happy to receive your news and to hear that everyone is fine in Chicago.

We are very happy after the Peace agreement, and the effort that was made by the Former UN Secretary General Koffi Annan that these two guys share the responsibilities in the government. This have come back to normal, there is no case of insecurity and business in on as usual, tourism, transportation etc. Actually, the mood of the country is PEACEFUL.

During the period of skirmishes, our projects were not affected at all and thanks be to God for that. Everyone is fine and children are going on with their activities as normal.

The Government is working on well, and the displaced people are now being relocated and
taken back home. Movements are not restricted at all.

I live here and I do experienced what I am reporting to you... so don't get worried.

Pass my regards to all the friends.
See you soon.

No comments: